Saturday, December 15 – 9:30am
Seattle Yacht Club – Fireside Lounge
1807 E. Hamlin Street
Seattle, WA 98112
Fourcast Quartet is a champion quartet singing 4-part acapella harmony in the Barbershop style. They are thrilled to have been singing together and making memories since 2015 and also thrilled to have been asked to sing for our holiday program! Lisa Martin, Tenor, grew up singing with her family, then in church choirs and community chorales. Anna Martin, Lead, started her barbershop singing 5 years ago with great influence from her mom, Lisa. Sue Beck, Baritone, grew up in a home filled with music as her mother was a college music professor. Carol Ward, Bass, is a lifelong singer “in vocal jazz groups and as lead singer in a soft rock/jazz band for many years.
We will have Raffle Baskets to benefit 2019 Tech Trek and some of our 2018 Tech Trek graduates will tell us about their extraordinary experiences at the week-long technology camp for girls between 7th and 8th grade.
Don’t forget your donations for Mary’s Place, whose mission is to provide safe, inclusive shelter and services that support women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness. Mary’s Place highest needs include: twin blankets, baby formula, stroller covers, winter clothing and coats, raincoats, NEW underwear (all sizes and genders, particularly larger women’s underwear and bras), and children’s clothing (especially for teen boys). Look for further information on page 2.
The Yacht Club is always beautifully decorated for the holidays.
Come Join Us!
Location: Seattle Yacht Club—Fireside Lounge, 1807 E. Hamlin St., Seattle, WA
Cost: $15 inclusive – No charge for full-time or matriculated stu-dents with corresponding student ID (reservations still required).
Reservations REQUIRED by Sunday, December 9, 2018
To reserve you place, send an email to: RSVP@aauw-seattle.org.
Menu: Washington French Toast: French bread with cream cheese, apples, and nutmeg served with maple syrup, bacon, fruit juice, freshly brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and tea.
Parking: Seattle Yacht Club main station is located on Portage Bay at 1807 East Hamlin Street, Seattle WA, 98112, just north of the 520 bridge across Lake Washington and south of the University of Washington.
Driving Directions: Guests arriving via Highway 520 (either East or West bound), exit at Montlake Blvd and head north. Turn left on East Hamlin at the traffic light which is the first left past 520. For those exiting from 520 westbound, make an immediate left off Montlake to East Hamlin; if you cross the Montlake Bridge you’ve gone too far. The club is in a residential neighborhood, on the left about a block from the light.
Upcoming Programs – Save the Dates!
2018-2019 Seattle Branch AAUW Programs
- Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:30 am – Annual Holiday Program at Seattle Yacht Club with Fourcast a cappella chorus.
- Saturday, January 19, 2019, 9:30 am – AAUW Grant and Fellowship Recipients at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn.
- Saturday, February 9, 2019, 9:30am – Michelle Meriweather, President of Urban League at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn.
- Saturday, March 16, 2019, 9:30 am – Immigration and Refugee panel led by AAUW member Barbra Spraker at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn.
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 7:00 pm – Scholar Recognition with speaker from Blue Origin at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn.
- Saturday, May 18, 2019, 9:30 am – Annual Meeting with Pamela Beer, President of Women Painters of Washington at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn.
- Saturday, September 8th, 9:30am – DeLancey lane, AAUW-WA College and University Outreach
- Saturday, October 20, 2018, 9:30 am – FairVote WA at Best Western Executive Inn.
- Saturday, November 10, 2018 – FREE Program – Humanities Washington Speaker Dr. Anu Taranath on Not Just For Kids: How Children’s Books Inspire Bold Adult Conversations at Third Place Commons in Lake Forest Park. This program is sponsored by Humanities Washington and hosted by AAUW Seattle and Edmonds SnoKing Branches.