“Evolution of Title IX”
Amy Klosterman, Attorney and Consultant
Saturday, September 21, 2019
Executive Inn by the Space Needle
200 Taylor Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109
Amy Klosterman, a Seattle branch member who owns her own law firm, will speak on the evolution and increased awareness of Title IX since it was enacted in 1972. She will share her insights gained from over a decade of enforcing Title IX with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.
Book Exchange at the September Meeting! Bring a book to pass along and/or take a book to enjoy!
Come Join Us!
Cost: $15 inclusive -No charge for students with ID or members who renewed their membership by July 1st (reservations required).
Menu: Hot breakfast buffet including breads, fruit juice, freshly brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and tea.
Parking: Free in hotel garage (sign the book at the front desk). Paid parking can usually be found on the street. Bus: #8 on Denny.
Reservations required by Sunday, September 15, 2019
To reserve you place, send an email to: RSVP@aauw-seattle.org.
Upcoming Programs – Save the Dates!
2019-2020 Seattle Branch AAUW Programs
- Saturday, September 21, 2019, 9:30 am – “Evolution of Title IX” with Amy Klosterman, Attorney and Consultant, at the Executive Inn by the Space Needle, Seattle, WA
- Saturday, October 19, 2019, 9:30 am – Michelle Merriweather, at the Executive Inn by the Space Needle, Seattle, WA
- Saturday, November 2019 – TBD
- Saturday, December 21 2019, 9:30 am – Annual Holiday Program, at the Seattle Yacht Club, Seattle, WA
- Saturday, September 8th, 9:30am – DeLancey lane, AAUW-WA College and University Outreach
- Saturday, October 20, 2018, 9:30 am – FairVote WA at Best Western Executive Inn.
- Saturday, November 10, 2018 – FREE Program – Humanities Washington Speaker Dr. Anu Taranath on Not Just For Kids: How Children’s Books Inspire Bold Adult Conversations at Third Place Commons in Lake Forest Park. This program is sponsored by Humanities Washington and hosted by AAUW Seattle and Edmonds SnoKing Branches.
- Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:30 am – Annual Holiday Program at Seattle Yacht Club with Fourcast a cappella chorus.
- Saturday, January 19, 2019, 9:30 am – Jessica Supinski, Title IX Educator & AAUW Grant Recipient at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn.
- Saturday, February 9, 2019, 9:30am – cancelled due to weather – Michelle Meriweather, President of Urban League at the Executive Inn by the Space Needle.
- Saturday, March 16, 2019, 9:30 am – Immigration and Refugee panel led by AAUW member Barbra Spraker at the Executive Inn by the Space Needle.
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 7:00 pm – Scholar Recognition with Marina Gillert from Blue Origin at the Executive Inn by the Space Needle.
- Saturday, May 18, 2019, 9:30 am – Annual Meeting with Pamela Beer, President of Women Painters of Washington at the Executive Inn by the Space Needle.