Mary Lou Sanelli
at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn
200 Taylor Ave North
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Mary Lou Sanelli has earned a solid reputation in the literary and public-speaking community through a steady commitment to writing and through twenty years of successful public readings and presentations. She has published seven collections of poetry and three works of non-fiction, Among Friends, now in its third printing, Falling Awake, and her newest title, A Woman Writing.
Her regular columns appear in Seattle’s City Living magazine, Art Access magazine, as well as the Peninsula Daily News & Lilipoh magazine. She has written for the Seattle Times, Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, Morning Edition, National Public Radio, Seattle’s NPR affiliate station KUOW FM, and many other publications and radio stations.
Her book Among Friends is a memoir. Mary Lou is unsparing as she explores the subject of friendship in women’s lives. This is a book of self-discovery…dauntless, smart, funny, beautifully written. She examines, deeply and sincerely, what friendship means, and what it costs. She pulls no punches. Through contemplation and through personal anecdotes, both her own and others, she crawls through this morass of conflicts and emerges with a strong sense of self and a much clearer idea of closeness.
Come Join Us!
May is also our Annual Meeting and we will be voting on candidates for Finance Vice President and Membership Vice President.
Due to its success in March, we will have another Book Exchange at the May meeting. Bring a book to pass along and/or take a book to enjoy.
Location: Best Western Plus Executive Inn, 200 Taylor Ave North, Seattle, WA
Cost: $15.00 inclusive. No charge for students with ID but (reservations are required)
Menu: Buffet with scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, potatoes, breakfast breads, fruit juice, freshly brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and tea.
Parking: Free in hotel garage. 10-hour curbside pay stations on Taylor and on Thomas at $1.50 per hour (free after 6pm). Bus: #8 on Denny.
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED BY Sunday, May 13, 2018
AAUW Monthly Meeting Payment via PayPal:
Upcoming Programs – Save the Dates!
2017-2018 Seattle Branch AAUW Programs
- April 27-29, 2018 – WA AAUW State Convention at the Davenport Hotel, Spokane, WA
- May 19 2018 – 9:30am – Annual Meeting & Elections with Mary Lou Sanelli on “Among Friends”
- September 16, 2017 – 9:30am – Alison McCaffree, a King County League member, will talk about the book she has written about her mother, Mary Ellen McCaffree,
- October 21, 2017 – 9:30am – Annie Blackledge, Executive Director of The Mockingbird Society
- November 28, 2017 – Dress For Success at Dress For Success Seattle
- December 16, 2017 – 9:30 am – Holiday Program at Seattle Yacht Club with the Endolyne Children’s Choir of West Seattle
- January 20, 2018 – 9:30am -Branch Meeting at Best Western Plus Executive Inn with Eve Riskin &Sonya Cunningham on “Diversifying the Engineering Workforce”
- January 29, 2018 – 8:30am – AAUW Lobby Day at St. John’s Episcopal Church, Olympia, WA
- February 10, 2018 – Dr. Devon Atchison on “A Crash Course on the History of Intersectionality: When White Privilege and Sexism Collide” at Best Western Plus Executive Inn
- March 10, 2018 – UW Women’s Center Annual Gala at the Seattle Sheraton Hotel
- March 17, 2018 – 9:30am -Branch Meeting with Barbara Spraker on “Where We Are Now and How to Move Forward” at Best Western Plus Executive Inn
- April 18, 2018 – 7:00pm – Scholar Recognition Reception at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn