COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR THE 2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
AAUW Seattle will be awarding half- to-full-tuition scholarships (maximum of 2) to women graduating from North Seattle College, Seattle Central College, or South Seattle College and transferring to a WA State public, 4-year college/university. Priority will be given to applicants with demonstrated financial need and clear educational goals.
Applicant must be a woman who:
- Has graduated or will be graduating North Seattle College, Seattle Central College or South Seattle College by the end of the 2018-19 academic year
- Has a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Has applied to or been accepted into one of the following Washington State colleges for the fall of 2019:
- Central Washington University
- Eastern Washington University
- Evergreen State College
- University of Washington (any campus)
- Washington State University (any campus)
- Western Washington University
- Plans to enroll as a full-time student (check college for number of credits)
- Is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Selection will be based on academic potential and need as determined by the Scholarships Committee of AAUW Seattle. Awards are renewable with evidence of academic good standing.
Applications, which are due by April 1, 2019, are available here:
AAUW Seattle scholarship application fin (Word Document to fill out)
and from the financial aid offices of North Seattle College, Seattle Central College, South Seattle College, and the Seattle and Bothell campuses of the University of Washington.
The scholarship is for study at the undergraduate level only, Scholarships are paid directly to the institution after verification of acceptance of the recipient, The scholarship is for use in the year in which it is awarded. Scholarships are drawn from AAUW Seattle’s Dr. Winnifred Weter endowed fund.
Graphic credit IStock Photography