Congratulations to our branch for being awarded five-star status! AAUW’s Five-Star National Recognition Program rewards affiliates (states, branches, and other organizations) for aligning their work with the AAUW strategic plan and other initiatives that foster the organization’s mission of advancing gender equity for women and girls.
Seattle Branch received a star in each of the following categories:
- Our branch’s regularly scheduled meetings often focus on economic and education equity. Our Evolution of Title IX event aligns with the education pillar of AAUW’s strategic plan.
- We achieved 90% member retention this past year and made generous contributions to AAUW’s Greatest Need Fund, demonstrating our commitment to the future of our branch, which is invaluable to AAUW’s strength, relevance, and ability to carry out its mission into the future.
- Communications and External Relations
- Our branch has an engaging website and a strong social media presence on Facebook.
- Public Policy and Research
- Our branch members engage with local communities in our public policy advocacy efforts to benefit women and girls and meet with legislators or their staff to discuss strategic-plan focus areas.
- Governance and Sustainability
- Our branch’s succession planning and alignment with AAUW state and national strategic plans are testaments to our commitment to empower women and girls.