AAUW Seattle Holiday Celebration
The Endolyne Children’s Choir of West Seattle
Seattle Yacht Club
1807 East Hamlin Street
Saturday, December 17 – 9:30am
Come and listen to a spirited performance of holiday and seasonal music sung by the Endolyne Children’s Choir of West Seattle. The non-audition choir, which is made up of talented and joyful children in grades kindergarten through tenth grade, will have you smiling and filled with holiday cheer. The choir is under the direction of Amy Stagno Bokanev, soprano and former Artistic Administrator of the Seattle Symphony.
We’ll have Raffle Baskets to benefit 2017 Tech Trek, and some of our 2016 Tech Trek graduates will be there to tell us about their extraordinary experiences at the week-long technology camp for girls between 7th and 8th grade.
We’ll be collecting donations for Mary’s Place women’s day shelter. Mary’s Place Day Shelter is located at 1830 9th Avenue. It offers programs and services where homeless women and their children can build community, enrich their days and find resources to restore their lives. Mary’s Place needs include: new underwear and bras (especially large sizes); season appropriate clothing, coats, and shoes; socks, gloves, raincoats, children’s clothing (especially teen boys!) $5 gift cards; backpacks, tote bags, fanny packs, and travel size toiletries, diapers (size 4 and 5). See web site for a detailed list: http://marysplaceseattle.org/support-us/share-your-stuff. Tax receipts will be available at our meeting.
Cost: $15 inclusive – No Charge for Students with ID (Reservations Required)
Menu: Portage Bay breakfast: scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, link sausage, seasonal fresh fruit and freshly baked muffins, served with chilled juice, freshly brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and tea.
Parking: There is plenty of free parking in the Yacht Club Parking Lot.
Upcoming Programs – Save the Dates!
2016-2017 Seattle Branch AAUW Programs
- January 2017 – 9:30am-noon – Carolyn Koehnline on “Confronting Clutter” at the Seattle Yacht Club, Seattle, WA.
- January 30, 2017 – Lobby Day, Olympia, WA
- February 18, 2017 – TBA
- March 2017 -Leigh McMillan, winemaker & co-owner of Welcome Road Windery
- April 19, 2017, Scholar Recognition Event, at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- April 22, 2017, AAUW WA Annual Meeting, Cedar River Watershed Educational Center, North Bend, WA
- May 20, 2017, Annual Meeting at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- June 14-17, 2017, National AAUW Convention, Washington, D.C.
Past Programs Seattle Branch AAUW 2016-2017
- September 17, 2016 – 9:30am-noon – Michelle LaRue on “Gettysburg: One Woman’s War” at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- October 22, 2016 – 9:30am-noon – Amy Rubin on “Women Composers: Their Music and Their Stories” at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- November 19, 2016 – 9:30am-noon – Jeanne Kohl-Welles on “Human Trafficking in Washington” at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- December 2016 – 9:30am-noon – Holiday Program at the Seattle Yacht Club, Seattle, WA.
Past Programs Seattle Branch AAUW 2015-2016
- September 19, 2015 – 9:30 am – noon – Theresa McCormick, Seattle Branch member, will speak about her book, “A Far Cry From Here”May 21, 2016 – 9:30 am – noon – Annual Meeting with Dana Twight on the 2016 elections at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA
- October 24, 2015 – 9:30 am – noon – Pam Crone, Seattle Branch member and AAUW Washington State lobbyist
- November 21, 2015 – 9:30 am – noon – UW Women’s Center update and presentation from our NCCWSL students
- December 19, 2015 – Holiday Meeting with quartet Vivacé
- January 16, 2016 – 9:30 am – noon – speakers from Real Change on homelessness
- February 20, 2016 -Jerry Large, Seattle Times columnist, on “Race and the Power of Stories”.
- March 19, 2016 – Alice Rothchild on her documentary of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA
- April 27, 2016 – 7pm – Scholars Recognition Evening Reception at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA