AAUW Seattle Branch Meeting
“Confronting Your Clutter”
Best Western Plus Executive Inn
200 Taylor Ave North
Saturday, January 28 – 9:30am
Carolyn Koehnline is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with an MA in Psychology. For over 20 years, Carolyn has been helping people release the excess baggage from their homes, heads, hearts, and schedules to make room for what matters. She will help you figure out what baggage, beliefs and behaviors are a burden to you, and to support you in saying good-bye to whatever you decide you no longer need. She will invite you to create intentional space for the life you want to be living. Her goal is to help you find your own way, following the rhythms and timing that are right for you. She will bring her book, “Confronting Your Clutter”, which will be for sale.
Cost: $15 inclusive – No Charge for Students with ID (Reservations Required)
Menu: Corned beef hash, chilled fruit juice, roasted breakfast potatoes, and freshly brewed Caffe vita coffee, decaffeinated coffee and tea and breakfast breads.
Parking: Free in hotel garage. Members who park in the garage or hotel lot can sign the book at the front desk and give their name and license plate number. There is a 10-hour curbside pay station on Taylor and on Thomas at $1.50 per hour. Bus: #8 on Denny.
Reservations required by Monday, January 23, 2017
Upcoming Programs – Save the Dates!
2016-2017 Seattle Branch AAUW Programs
- January 30, 2017 – Lobby Day, Olympia, WA
- February 18, 2017 – Lorena Gonzalez, Seattle City Council Member, “Under Our Skin”, at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle.
- March 22, 2017 -Leigh McMillan, winemaker & co-owner of Welcome Road Winery, at the Welcome Road Winery, 3804 California Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA
- April 19, 2017, Scholar Recognition Event, at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- April 22, 2017, AAUW WA Annual Meeting, Cedar River Watershed Educational Center, North Bend, WA
- May 20, 2017, Annual Meeting at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- June 14-17, 2017, National AAUW Convention, Washington, D.C.
Past Programs Seattle Branch AAUW 2016-2017
- September 17, 2016 – 9:30am-noon – Michelle LaRue on “Gettysburg: One Woman’s War” at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- October 22, 2016 – 9:30am-noon – Amy Rubin on “Women Composers: Their Music and Their Stories” at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- November 19, 2016 – 9:30am-noon – Jeanne Kohl-Welles on “Human Trafficking in Washington” at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA.
- December 2016 – 9:30am-noon – Holiday Program at the Seattle Yacht Club, Seattle, WA.
- January 2017 – 9:30am-noon – Carolyn Koehnline on “Confronting Clutter” at the Seattle Yacht Club, Seattle, WA.
Past Programs Seattle Branch AAUW 2015-2016
- September 19, 2015 – 9:30 am – noon – Theresa McCormick, Seattle Branch member, will speak about her book, “A Far Cry From Here”May 21, 2016 – 9:30 am – noon – Annual Meeting with Dana Twight on the 2016 elections at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA
- October 24, 2015 – 9:30 am – noon – Pam Crone, Seattle Branch member and AAUW Washington State lobbyist
- November 21, 2015 – 9:30 am – noon – UW Women’s Center update and presentation from our NCCWSL students
- December 19, 2015 – Holiday Meeting with quartet Vivacé
- January 16, 2016 – 9:30 am – noon – speakers from Real Change on homelessness
- February 20, 2016 -Jerry Large, Seattle Times columnist, on “Race and the Power of Stories”.
- March 19, 2016 – Alice Rothchild on her documentary of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA
- April 27, 2016 – 7pm – Scholars Recognition Evening Reception at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, Seattle, WA